Saturday, October 25, 2008

New Credential For Kim

Just a quick self-congratulatory post to share with you. I have a new credential - the Certified Associate in Project Management. The credential is the lowest level that the Project Management Institute confers and involves having 1500 hours of experience being a part of a project management team (or 23 hours of education on project management) and taking a 3 hour exam on the material in the Project Management Body of Knowledge manual.

My project management experience is primarily the project I did at CNA in the 90's building the system and methods of measuring the asbestos, pollution, and mass tort exposures.

My purposes in sitting for this exam and getting the credential was to (1) learn more about project management for the benefit of my clients and (2) perhaps it will give me an edge when I bid on USDA crop insurance projects.

So, congratulations to me!

No comments: